Want to work in a start-up environment? WEBILIZE (https://webilize.com) is hiring.
WEBILIZE is an established software development company in Vancouver (Canada) specializing in web and mobile applications. We pride ourselves in executing and delivering on complex projects with high performance, scalability & extensibility
We are looking for a passionate PHP Web Developer with extensive custom development experience. A code artist who gets excited about creating high-performing, reliable digital experiences. Comfortable working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, you have a passion for beautiful, maintainable code and super-human attention to detail. You strive for continuous improvement in your work.
To be successful in this role you:
- Have great communication and collaboration skills
- Have expert knowledge and experience with custom PHP Development Frameworks.
- Thrive in a lean, fast paced and changing environment
- Are an independent thinker and self-starter
Reporting to the Project Manager, UI Development, you will lead the development effort on a variety of Web and mobile projects. As a PHP Web Developer you will work with team members located in Vancouver.
Collaborate with cross-functional team to translate visual designs, user experience flows and content into functional and engaging interfaces
Contribute to the creative process by providing technical direction
Work with other developers to improve and standardize our development process
Provide accurate scope/effort estimates
Required Knowledge, skills & Abilities:
- Custom Web application development experience using Magneto, Drupal, and WordPress
- Good understanding of PHP Hosting environment
- Familiarity with relational databases –MySQL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for learning and sharing of knowledge
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and motivate people
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of development experience
- A personal portfolio demonstrating technical expertise